Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Meet the Veggies

Tomato: I’m round and red And juicy too.
Chop me for a salad,
Or dump me in your stew!

Lettuce: Hey, wait a minute!
If a salad you’re fixin’
I can stand alone.
No need for the mixin’!

Onion: Chop me and slice me
But keep water near.
I sometimes get juicy
And can bring on a tear!

Carrot: Orange is my color;
I stand long and lean.
In the garden you’ll see
Just my bright leaves of green.

Pea: I live in a pod
With so many others.
I think I was born
With one hundred brothers!

Green Bean: Look in the garden;
You’ll see my sign.
Then bring out your basket
When it’s pickin’ time!

Potato: I’ve an eye for perfection
To give you the best.
Baked, mashed or fried-
I’ll pass the test!

Cabbage: My head is quite thick
So people tell me.
I guess that’s the reason
Grocery stores sell me!

Celery: Cut and rinse my stalks,
Then spread on cream cheese.
A refreshing hors d’oeuvre
To make parties a breeze!

Squash: Some call me a game,
A game of good sport,
But I’m really to eat
As a side dish of sorts!

Brussel Sprout: I’m kinda cute
When I’m served on a plate
I’m just a little mouthful.
You can eat six or eight!

Cauliflower: I carry white flowers
To break off and eat.
I’m sometimes served raw,
A nutritious snack treat!

Broccoli: My friends call me trees
Now that’s a funny name.
Though I am a dark green
With stalks just the same.

We’re the veggies You should eat every day! 
Now don’t make a face. We’re as good as we say!

No comments:

Post a Comment